IN THE NEWS-
* Pay more attention to those guards at the Metropolitan Museum of Art - their art is hanging in a new exhibition, and they've got a new magazine as well- http://tinyurl.com/ydx3zz8
* Painting Zion -A Southern Utah national park invites professional artists for one month to spark inspiration -- and new works. http://www.sltrib.com/outdoors/ci_14507028
* 1475 – Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni is born.
* 1853 – Giuseppe Verdi's opera La Traviata had its premiere performance in Venice.
* 1941 – Gutzon Borglum, Danish-born sculptor who created the President's heads on Mount Rushmore, dies.
* 1986 – Georgia O'Keeffe, American artist, dies.
IN OUR STORE-
"Tiffany Flora / Tiffany Fauna"
by John Loring.
A colorful, sumptuous survey of the best and most dramatic in Tiffany jewelry in two volumes, one focusing on animals, the other on flowers. “a striking visual survey of the unparalleled craftsmanship of Tiffany & Co. The effect is like peering into an ark of fantastic, bejeweled creatures—winged dragons with fiery eyes clutching beautiful gems; a golden parrot in a jaunty diamond cap and blue enameled pantaloons; an extravagant wreath of diamond and platinum leaves and flowers; a blushingly suggestive enameled orchid; and a Tiffany lamp in blues and greens evoking an illuminated wisteria.” The pieces illustrated and described range from the 19th century to the present day. A must-have set for the Tiffany & Co. enthusiast.
Hardcover. 2 vols. 7.5”x8.5”, 128 + 128 pages, color and black & white illustrations, dust jacket. Slipcased. In fine, new condition. $65 - http://tinyurl.com/yb855o7